Thursday, January 7, 2010

Penang Jazz Festival 2009

Went for both days of Penang Jazz Festival the very first time taking 2days in a row. Thanks to mom for the treat to this wonderful occassion that I've yet to miss out since the 4th edition of Penang Jazz Festival.Groups flew all the way from USA,Norway,Australia,Thailand,Bangkok and more..
The crowd for both days averagely spreaded out compared to previous years which is compact. Good thing is there's more room to MOVE! Bad thing is looks like economy crisis so takes the toll on events as such. Along with few friends tagged along to explore something new,glad they love it and enjoyed it.Happy to have mom and sharon and aaron's company too!

Love the Bangkok Brother's band as always like every year. Their performance is consistently entertaining with their upbeat numbers and the capabilities of vocalist Hung is ever impressive to all. They are always one of the groups in the festival that gets the crowd on their FEET and start dancing!

Norway-USA band was new,their members made up that combination came up with a new mixture of jazz from both world blending into one genre. Its facisnating ain't it! US dude who was on the piano did some short vocals which was really refreshing.. Love the bassist who led the group.Ooops he reminds me of Cole in CHARMED series..."Belthazor!" *gigs

Michelle Nicole's Quartet had a fantastic show in G-hotel had another fantastic night to in this festival. Michelle's vocals flows melodiously and is so well controlled. Making my stomach twitch at times when I see her hit high notes in just one breath effortlessly yet the sounds came out solid. Amazing! Some motivation for me to work on my vocals. I'm wanting more and more! oh no..

The first time I ever appreciated DRUMS the most after watching the world class drummer James strutting his stuff on that drums. I can tell you that his technique couldn't spot flaws,natural talent for rhythms and it's just ALL ABOUT THE BEATS..

Guess what? I got up and dance through the night too.. haha as usual my legs gets itchy when there's music and especially when in this booming atmosphere!
Just another relaxing time for me,really great I made time for this break. Refreshing yet empowering!
It's the 7th PENANG JAZZ FESTIVAL ppl! What do YOU expect! xD 
Waiting for the NEXT Edition the 8TH!

No comments:

Post a Comment